POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sword stand : Sword stand Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Sword stand
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 13 Mar 2002 15:48:49
Message: <3c8fbb31@news.povray.org>
I have posted the image in povray.binaries.images.

I am designing a medieval sword stand that will hold a large sword and a
dagger above it.

My intention is that the stand will be made from wrought iron.

My questions is this:

Is there any way to converting the design into a  CAD/CAM format that could
spit out the actual dimensions for me?  Sort of a draft/blue print thing
that I could give to a machinist to start building it. I would like to
basically hand the program one item (say the full length) and have it spit
out the various elements (rings, support height, etc.) sizes.

Any ideas would be appreciated!